I cannot but help it... how fast time flies!!!
Last year, this time, I was eagerly waiting for my maternity leave to start, to get some final resting moments at home, before the second bundle was supposed to arrive. The end irritations were on and I was not really enjoying my time at work. Any time at home, was welcome. Going out for walks, packing my hospital bag again and again, resisting the temptation for buying clothes for the yet-to-be-out little one fearing my mom would give me a lecture... Towards the end, on the afternoon of January 18, to be precise, I shed a few silent tears for the sleeping Rasha, who in a matter of some hours, would cease to be the apple of the eye. Somebody would soon come home to be called her sister, she would suddenly feel that she's grown up and cannot act kiddish (at the age of 3 years and 8 months, that is!) and she would have to now vie for attention from all quarters of the house.
I really cannot describe what I really felt at that time. Did my mom shed these tears close to the time my sister was born? I really don't know. But then I felt nice that she was excited at the prospect of having a sibling, at the same time, I felt guilty that soon her positioning in life would change for good, never to come back...
Now, this year, at the same time, I am struggling with an over-enthusiastic toddler, and a school goer who wants the same level of attention. Each day is a learning curve for me. I have really not mastered how to give both equal attention, but then definitely learning some tricks here and there. Azza's growing at amazing pace, Rasha asks me amazing questions that give me a lump in my throat as I sometimes have no answer for them! Azza blurts out her "mama, thatha, baba, vava" words, Rasha's brushing up and adding new complicated words to her vocabulary. Azza pull's Rasha's "motta" baby as she wants it, and Rasha lets out a shriek followed by an inconsolable cry: "Why does it have to be always me?".
It has to be always you, Rasha. Ummi can tell that to you, because at one point of time, I was in your same shoes. You and I are the number one in the family, it always has to be us. :)
Motherhood is a tiring experience, no doubt, but the details you get to see just takes out the feeling of tiredness, and at the end of day, gives you immense satisfaction of finally having won one more day of battle!!! The only thing I still need to learn is... How can I wake up without feeling that I've not slept enough!!! :T
Ciao...
Last year, this time, I was eagerly waiting for my maternity leave to start, to get some final resting moments at home, before the second bundle was supposed to arrive. The end irritations were on and I was not really enjoying my time at work. Any time at home, was welcome. Going out for walks, packing my hospital bag again and again, resisting the temptation for buying clothes for the yet-to-be-out little one fearing my mom would give me a lecture... Towards the end, on the afternoon of January 18, to be precise, I shed a few silent tears for the sleeping Rasha, who in a matter of some hours, would cease to be the apple of the eye. Somebody would soon come home to be called her sister, she would suddenly feel that she's grown up and cannot act kiddish (at the age of 3 years and 8 months, that is!) and she would have to now vie for attention from all quarters of the house.
I really cannot describe what I really felt at that time. Did my mom shed these tears close to the time my sister was born? I really don't know. But then I felt nice that she was excited at the prospect of having a sibling, at the same time, I felt guilty that soon her positioning in life would change for good, never to come back...
Now, this year, at the same time, I am struggling with an over-enthusiastic toddler, and a school goer who wants the same level of attention. Each day is a learning curve for me. I have really not mastered how to give both equal attention, but then definitely learning some tricks here and there. Azza's growing at amazing pace, Rasha asks me amazing questions that give me a lump in my throat as I sometimes have no answer for them! Azza blurts out her "mama, thatha, baba, vava" words, Rasha's brushing up and adding new complicated words to her vocabulary. Azza pull's Rasha's "motta" baby as she wants it, and Rasha lets out a shriek followed by an inconsolable cry: "Why does it have to be always me?".
It has to be always you, Rasha. Ummi can tell that to you, because at one point of time, I was in your same shoes. You and I are the number one in the family, it always has to be us. :)
Motherhood is a tiring experience, no doubt, but the details you get to see just takes out the feeling of tiredness, and at the end of day, gives you immense satisfaction of finally having won one more day of battle!!! The only thing I still need to learn is... How can I wake up without feeling that I've not slept enough!!! :T
Ciao...
No comments:
Post a Comment