It started raining back in my home place, Kerala yesterday. This is my second vacation in as many years where I have missed the rain. Whatever come may be, I somehow plan my vacation during the months of July-August so that I don't miss the rain. Yes, the rain does not allow you to move about freely, it drenches you completely, it makes the walkways completely wet that you feel disgusted to wear your fancy chappals and walk over it...
But then, there is something about the rains in Kerala... the heaviness coupled with the lush green carpets and towers all around, plus that particular smell of the rain water mixed with the soil - does it have a name? - is just amazing... I could sit for hours just hanging on to a cup of hot hot chai and stretching my legs on to a "teapoi" (or a coffee table, as it should be called!), just enjoying the rain with all the God-blessed senses that I have. Nothing so peaceful like it...
But now my holidays are finish... So no enjoying the rains this time... :( But yes, next year, InshaAllah, definitely I am going to go during the rains, when Rasha's school closes... Yes, I will...
But then, there is something about the rains in Kerala... the heaviness coupled with the lush green carpets and towers all around, plus that particular smell of the rain water mixed with the soil - does it have a name? - is just amazing... I could sit for hours just hanging on to a cup of hot hot chai and stretching my legs on to a "teapoi" (or a coffee table, as it should be called!), just enjoying the rain with all the God-blessed senses that I have. Nothing so peaceful like it...
But now my holidays are finish... So no enjoying the rains this time... :( But yes, next year, InshaAllah, definitely I am going to go during the rains, when Rasha's school closes... Yes, I will...

What a very relaxing time for you..am following you now too!
ReplyDeletemy vacation is already done... i've no chance of going to see the rains this time! :( but sure, next time... :)
DeleteBeautiful snapshot Rafeeda; lucky that you got to vacation....
ReplyDeletethis pic was taken a couple of years ago... from my in-law's place... our lush greenery and the rains are such a fantastic match, isn't it?
DeleteThank you Rafeeda for visiting my space and lovely comment. It's call Paniyaram pan..easily availbale in Indian stores..I got mine from India.
ReplyDeleteJagruti's Cooking Odyssey
Know Your Flours-Whole Wheat Flour
thank u jagruti... it looks similar to the kuzhiyappam pan that we get in kerala, i guess it's the same thing...
Deletelovely and beautiful snapshot dear..hope u have enjoyed a lot:)
ReplyDeletehappy to follow u dear:)
pls visit and join in my space:)
http://indiantastyfoodrecipes.blogspot.com
thanks rekha... this pic was taken almost 2 years back and i just miss it... following ur space too...
DeleteRains in Kerala are an experience! Yes, come back for the next season.
ReplyDeletei know, i'm seriously missing it... especially during this time when the climate is really cruel in UAE... hopefully next rain... :) thanks for coming...
Delete