Jun 14, 2012

Feeling dicy...

Summer vacations are just around the corner... Rasha's school is off from June 19, and already I am having butterflies in my stomach. I really do not want her to be at home. The help at home will go mad with her and may be will run away, leaving nobody to take care of both my kids!!! No, no... not that she's a problem child, it's just that she's too addicted to cartoons. You switch on Cartoon Network Pogo and the likes and she'll be an angel. You tell her, "Rasha, now it's enough, it's been quite some time, give your eyes some rest and do something else", there you go! One jump onto the floor, two-three dance steps, then a loud shriek, followed by some controllable crying. That crying will go on for a minimum of half an hour. Once she settles from that stage (by that time, we start getting doubts whether our eardrums are in place! :@), she goes on to disturb Azza. Rasha calls it playing but Azza hates it, and then they start their fighting sessions. With me not being at home, I don't want aunty to feel lost in between both of them. Rasha is at a hyperactive stage and I am hoping (and praying!) that she gets over it really soon.

Thinking about the above scene at home before I return back from office,  isn't really enticing for me. What I need is some peace at office, not having to worry that the kids are pulling each other apart. Therefore, I have decided, summer camp is the best option. Now hunting around for one was a nightmare. Either there are no seats available (I thought majority go back to their home countries during this time!!!) or it's way too expensive. I was seriously considering sending her back home to my mom, so that she can enjoy the rains and some mosquito bites (hehe...), but then thanks to the never-ending Air India pilot strike, the airfares have hit such a high, as has not been seen in the near past. My child would have to go and come back, with me having to shell an average of Dhs. 3500/-.!!!! I know it's a jaw dropping amount, but that's the situation now. So I cancelled that plan. I don't want to pay so much to send her back and feel sad that I have done that - paying to feel sad, hmmm.... I am desperately trying to find a place for her where she can go till her school opens... and she's in for that idea, thankfully! :) I know, my daughter is like me, be active or otherwise watch cartoons!!! Hehe...

Let me see where my search for a summer camp ends... 

No comments:

Post a Comment