Jun 28, 2012

Sleep... how much I miss you...

Sleep... how much I miss you...

I guess I've started missing you since the time I have been juggling work and studies... that was approximately 10 years ago... At least you were kind of sufficient (still not enough), during the first five years, but gradually when more responsibilities came in the form of children, I have had to sacrifice quite a lot of you. If I am able to sleep five hours now and that too continuously, then I know I am blessed. First it was Rasha, now it is a combination of two - too much for me to handle!!! I hate to get rude shocks at 2 am in the night and then not be able to go back to sleep till 3:30 am. Even the alarm does not do much to get into my ears and wake me up on time. Then, I have to wake up late, behave like a mad person and somehow get myself in place to leave for office. And then - this is what I hate!!! - yawn myself throughout the complete 8-5 timeline I have to sit. My colleagues think that either I am jobless or I am bored of my work. It is neither of the two. I have enough to do in that time, but then you know... you keep making me feel guilty of not giving enough time to you.

And the days I give you more than enough time, like on the weekend afternoon naps, you gift me with a terrible headache, that will not allow me to enjoy my weekend, which is supposed to be my relaxing days.

So now, what am I supposed to do with you? I know I cannot have you for a full 8 hours until the kids grow up, but that seems to be like ages away... So please, don't make me feel like a zombie just floating in the air with something missing... :@

No comments:

Post a Comment