I was one lady who used to run away at the mention of cooking. It has never been something for me. We stayed almost 3 years alone just being with each other, and I am really irritated at the thought that I never did anything to encourage the cook in me (I guess there's one hidden in every woman!!!) mainly due to the fact that my hubby was never a foodie. It was easy for us to buy one person's lunch or dinner portion and share or just dig through whatever was there and make some quick fix eatables. Another reason must be my MBA and tight schedule that gobbled up two years of my life during that time.
Whatever it may be, now I regret that I never exercised my skills. Now with two children around, one being a total sweet eater and the other yet not ready to explore, I am forced to start practising and getting things right, before they question me regarding my cooking skills!!! Ahem ahem...
The past almost five years have been around with mom and it's always been lazy... The cooking I used to do was only when she was away back home, but that was never for more than a couple of months and by the time, my cooking starts getting better, she comes back and take over and I go back to my lazy slump. This time, I am determined not to let it happen. I really do not know how much I will succeed, but I really do want to make myself look nice to my children, if not to my husband!!! Hehe... hopefully, if I do some good cooking, he may love to eat... who knows???
I was just amazed at the amount of recipes available on the blog network and I have saved almost 50 sites which give quite a bit of variety. I dont know if I'l try all of them, but yes, some of them, definitely!!! I am so happy to say that I made pooris last night and they turned out to be amazing. I know I've no shame to say this - don't I know that pooris are baby's play? But I am still a baby, and I am happy!!! :) I am really looking forward to my cooking experiments. I don't expect them to be perfect, but I am determined - I am going to enjoy doing it this time and forever, InshaAllah...
Till next time, happy cooking and eating every1!!! :) :)
Whatever it may be, now I regret that I never exercised my skills. Now with two children around, one being a total sweet eater and the other yet not ready to explore, I am forced to start practising and getting things right, before they question me regarding my cooking skills!!! Ahem ahem...
The past almost five years have been around with mom and it's always been lazy... The cooking I used to do was only when she was away back home, but that was never for more than a couple of months and by the time, my cooking starts getting better, she comes back and take over and I go back to my lazy slump. This time, I am determined not to let it happen. I really do not know how much I will succeed, but I really do want to make myself look nice to my children, if not to my husband!!! Hehe... hopefully, if I do some good cooking, he may love to eat... who knows???
I was just amazed at the amount of recipes available on the blog network and I have saved almost 50 sites which give quite a bit of variety. I dont know if I'l try all of them, but yes, some of them, definitely!!! I am so happy to say that I made pooris last night and they turned out to be amazing. I know I've no shame to say this - don't I know that pooris are baby's play? But I am still a baby, and I am happy!!! :) I am really looking forward to my cooking experiments. I don't expect them to be perfect, but I am determined - I am going to enjoy doing it this time and forever, InshaAllah...
Till next time, happy cooking and eating every1!!! :) :)
thanks for following my blog..even i was a lazy cook in the beginning, but my hubby likes to experiment with food...and so he's the reason why I am..what I am now
ReplyDelete:) i'm glad i found your blog among many i found interesting... God wills, i'd definitely try out a few recipes...
DeleteThanx for dropping by Rafeeda,N following my space..Loved reading your space too,Even I have two little ones at home,same goes with them too..Loved reading your write up too:)
ReplyDeleteErivum Puliyum
thank u so much for your encouragement... :) definitely would try some recipes from blog, slowly but surely!!!
DeleteHi Rafeeda,
ReplyDeleteA lovely write up dear! Let me tell you, making puris is no baby's job, and the fact that they came out well in your first attempt definitely shows that a good cook is hidden in you..so hone you culinary skills and lets see those also on your space dear.
Glad to follow you
Just saw you don't have the followers gadjet...:(
ReplyDeletethank u kaveri... pooris were not my first attempt, i guess it was my 5th, but it kept being bad and thus discouraging me... now that's it came good, i'm feeling all charged up... my first and foremost aim is to get my hubby to eat my food, which hopefully I'l be able to do soon!!! :D
Deletehaven't seen u blogging for a while nw... i kinda stopped mine....anywys, congrats on ur attempt at making tasty poori's, hope 2 c more of ur cooking attempts & dont 4get 2 upload their pics ;)
ReplyDeleteyeah, suji... last year, i had just 1 post, i literally forgot I had a blog!!! heheh... i'l post the pics slowly, yesterday i made kozhi varattiyathu, cudn't even take the pic coz the whole pathram was licked and finished by hubby, rasha and bro!!! :) :) i was just beeming... :) i'l take a pic frm what i have in my lunch box today... :D maybe i can be some competition for u... :P
Deletethanks for dropping my space and follow me..nice write up dear..i have a little one he eats everything...very noti also..his sleeping time is my blogging time...interest to reading ur note
ReplyDeletethank u so much for checking in... i'm following quite some blogs and randomly choosing recipes to try, just started n having my hands full, so will slowly try some from ur blog too... i can understand the hassles of having a toddler, even i get my me time when my kids sleep... :)
Deletethanx for checking out my space and for ur lovely comment........all the best.....
ReplyDeletethank u!!! :)
Deletethanks for visiting my blog... had a great time reading your posts... following you as well...
ReplyDeletethank you so much!!! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Rafeeda for checking out my Blog.spicenflavors.com You too have an interesting blog
ReplyDeletethank u for your kind words...
Delete