Nov 11, 2012

Books books books...

The Sharjah Book Fair is on... it already began last weekend but thanks to my tight schedule, I was not able to attend. This week is scheduled for at least two visits to the book fair, one day for my books and one day for Rasha's books. Below is what I had managed to buy the last time I visited, unfortunately I have not even finished reading half of it... :(


No, I wouldn't blame my schedule, yes it is tight, but then I should have finished by now. The Malayalam books are lying, mainly due to my laziness to read through as I cannot read as fast as I can read English - obviously!!! I am done with The Kite Runner (loved it!), The Tale of Two States (so so...), Invisible Lines (good read) and I have a Dream (was not a proper English book, had dialogues in Hindi, written in English, which didn't look so good... but then it's about entrepreneurship, so was good...)

The problem with me now is space. I don't have an inch space to keep any extra books that I want to buy. At the same time, I cannot think about not having books, because when I feel like reading, I need to have that paperback smelling odd thing in my hand to feel the thrill of reading. Whatever said and done about the advent of e-books, but the feeling of reading proper books is definitely something else...

Let me see what I can get hold of for this edition of the book fair...


No comments:

Post a Comment