Nov 5, 2010

Siblings...

I happened to overhear a teleconversation between my dad and his elder sister. Both of them are just 3 years apart and almost hitting 60. Still, from the way they talk, you suddenly think that they are siblings who are teenagers or in their early 20’s!


Then it stuck me – I guess, how much ever we grow up, the relationship that we share with our siblings normally do not mature. No wonder, I still yell at my brother on small things as though he is a tiny lil child, though he’s already ready to enter his twenties. And he keeps wondering, how come my sis never treats me like a grown up!!! No wonder I crave to have those cat fights I used to have with my sister. Still when we get a change when we are together, we do pinch each other or pull each other’s hair, even though it’s just for fun now! It used to be more serious those days!!! 

Siblings are God given. They are friends you cannot change, because you are related to them through blood and genes. You like them or you don’t, you have to accept them. Maybe when you are small, there are bound to be jealousies and all the other ill feelings attached to sibling rivalry, but as you grow up, move on with your lives to have spouses and family, there are times you crave to have those old days of cribbing and bickering back…

I’ve just finished my part of yelling on my brother, while he gives me a dirty look… I can’t wait to have my sister in my hand so that I can irritate her, fortunately for her and unfortunately for me, she’s in the US!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment