The other day my husband and me were on our weekly shopping trips to Carrefour in City Centre Deira. While he was hunting around for some of his gadgets, I was scanning what other people had picked up in their trolleys. To my surprise, I must say, apart from families who had children, almost all couples had a maximum of cosmetics and minimum of food loaded on their trolleys. Now cosmetics includes personal hygiene and home hygiene products as well. I was like, "duh, dun people eat anymore?"
The trend has changed so much. When I started life more than 6 years ago, it was always 5 days home made and 2 days outdoor food, period. Now, I guess, if both spouses are working, they eat all meals everyday from outside. Even if there was food, it was all for convenience - biscuits, frozen stuff (burgers, nuggest, etc.), chocolate, ice cream, juices, etc. etc., which the health conscious these days tell you, just don't have them!!! On top of that, you can find all sorts of creams, for the face, for the hair, for the body, and then whatever possible and all sorts of home cleaning stuff, that you feel the only thing people do these days is groom themselves and their homes! No wonder people are so thin these days, they just do not eat... Hmmm....
The trend has changed so much. When I started life more than 6 years ago, it was always 5 days home made and 2 days outdoor food, period. Now, I guess, if both spouses are working, they eat all meals everyday from outside. Even if there was food, it was all for convenience - biscuits, frozen stuff (burgers, nuggest, etc.), chocolate, ice cream, juices, etc. etc., which the health conscious these days tell you, just don't have them!!! On top of that, you can find all sorts of creams, for the face, for the hair, for the body, and then whatever possible and all sorts of home cleaning stuff, that you feel the only thing people do these days is groom themselves and their homes! No wonder people are so thin these days, they just do not eat... Hmmm....
No comments:
Post a Comment