For the past few days, I have been feeling terribly nostalgic... Really don't know why, but yes, I have been missing those good old days...
Not nostalgic about school or college days, but nostalgic about our early married days... We got married after almost three and a half years of courtship, which was filled with a lots of downs then ups - quite normal when you are supposed to marry for love. :) It was three years after our marriage we had Rasha. I would not say that I had a fantastic time during those three years we were by ourselves. It was because I went on to pursue my MBA and that gobbled up two years of that time. He is not a person of the outdoors, he loves to be inside just couched to the sofa, with remote in hand and the TV in full sound. Even when we never went out, somehow those days inside the house had some warmth in it. There was fun in doing some damn curry, running down to get the tandoor roti from the Afghan bakery, just eating and then sitting down to some silence and some chit chat. We were in Sharjah for two years and the final year, we stayed in Dubai when I carried Rasha. We were working but used to ensure that we were home by 6 (when I had no classes, as I continued studying one month before I delivered Rasha), and we used to just settle to some cooking, some TV and then a long walk around the area of our staying.
I cannot relate to any exciting moments - I don't remember any. No long trips, no camping, no catching hands and walking in the beach; it was more of home time than outside time. But somehow, the feeling was there.... No wonder why people always say that the initial years of marriage is always the best...
Once the kids came along, he got engrossed in a lot of work and turned out too busy to even spend some time at home. I would never blame the kids for that, I infarct believe that they have added a lot of light to my life. The heights of excitement and irritation that they provide me cannot be substituted by anything in this world - my two hyperactive daughters keep me hands on once I am home back from work. But somehow, something is missing... When I try to talk to my husband, he laughs it off saying I am being overly romantic, but actually am I? I believe it is my right to have some time with him, yes with the children as I don't like to be without them now. Somehow, I am missing the warmth in this mad rush to ensure the future is in place, which unfortunately is not even in our hands. I know I sound like I am pointing fingers at my husband, but then I am not. It is my responsibility to ensure everything is in order when he is busy trying to ensure things will be good and I can finally settle down with the kids and not having to work, but till then, should I be waiting?
I am seriously missing those days... :(
Not nostalgic about school or college days, but nostalgic about our early married days... We got married after almost three and a half years of courtship, which was filled with a lots of downs then ups - quite normal when you are supposed to marry for love. :) It was three years after our marriage we had Rasha. I would not say that I had a fantastic time during those three years we were by ourselves. It was because I went on to pursue my MBA and that gobbled up two years of that time. He is not a person of the outdoors, he loves to be inside just couched to the sofa, with remote in hand and the TV in full sound. Even when we never went out, somehow those days inside the house had some warmth in it. There was fun in doing some damn curry, running down to get the tandoor roti from the Afghan bakery, just eating and then sitting down to some silence and some chit chat. We were in Sharjah for two years and the final year, we stayed in Dubai when I carried Rasha. We were working but used to ensure that we were home by 6 (when I had no classes, as I continued studying one month before I delivered Rasha), and we used to just settle to some cooking, some TV and then a long walk around the area of our staying.
I cannot relate to any exciting moments - I don't remember any. No long trips, no camping, no catching hands and walking in the beach; it was more of home time than outside time. But somehow, the feeling was there.... No wonder why people always say that the initial years of marriage is always the best...
Once the kids came along, he got engrossed in a lot of work and turned out too busy to even spend some time at home. I would never blame the kids for that, I infarct believe that they have added a lot of light to my life. The heights of excitement and irritation that they provide me cannot be substituted by anything in this world - my two hyperactive daughters keep me hands on once I am home back from work. But somehow, something is missing... When I try to talk to my husband, he laughs it off saying I am being overly romantic, but actually am I? I believe it is my right to have some time with him, yes with the children as I don't like to be without them now. Somehow, I am missing the warmth in this mad rush to ensure the future is in place, which unfortunately is not even in our hands. I know I sound like I am pointing fingers at my husband, but then I am not. It is my responsibility to ensure everything is in order when he is busy trying to ensure things will be good and I can finally settle down with the kids and not having to work, but till then, should I be waiting?
I am seriously missing those days... :(
Dear Rafeeda,
ReplyDeleteyou've penned it up so touchy..could feel d pain in your words.
do take care..have fun & enjoy with your hubby & kids..:)
btw..thanks for trying pepper chicken & glad u liked the recipe..
have a great time..:)
Tasty Appetite
thank you for your kind words, jay... i've bookmarked a few for trying and will definitely provide you the feedback... :)
Delete