I cannot believe how time flies.... I realise this fact very much when I look at my daughter on a daily basis. And even more when I scroll through my profile pics on Facebook... my first pic has her with her toothless grin and the latest one with a tight hug...
I still remember when she was born... I was really shocked as to how beautiful she looked, and I wondered, God, is it me who is her mother? I never considered myself beautiful, even though my husband and friends were very vocal about it (ahem ahem!!!), but her face, those tiny hands and legs and the fragile body made me feel so very.... I really dont know how to describe it, I am sure all mothers can relate to it! From that time, I've had a lot of difficulties due to matters I cannot publicize but then she grew into a beautiful girl.
She had her birth hair removed on her Day 14, we had a function at home on her Day 28, we went to India with her on her Day 35 and came back on her Day 100... :) Dun ask me dates!!! She developed her first teeth edging close to her month six, and how much I hated it!! I love the toothless grin of babies, oh, how cute they look that way! My mom would make fun of me saying that she got her teeth this soon, because I didn't want it to come! She started sitting steady in month 8, started crawling in month 11 and started walking in month 15. Though her physical activities were slightly slow (but well within scientific standards!), there was one thing from the start - her sharpness. She used to pick up anything and everything she could and when we forget it, she puts it through to you! Hmmm.... that includes bad habits! She looks at her dad bite his nails and then she admonishes him, very soon she'l do the same... this shows that we need to clean up our acts and think atleast a couple of times before we do anything!
As of now, she's nearing 3 years, ready to complete it in May and I cannot believe I have a toddler full of energy, who asks me too many questions, who asks me to take her "babies" to the toilet while taking her too, who messes up the whole place, and even while putting to sleep, does not allow me to drift off... "Darling, I've to go to work tomorrow morning..." "Ummi... I want the story of Johny papa" etc etc etc.... She talks pretty fluent, remembers details of so many events that we may have forgotten, knows which was the dress she wore when she went to a particular place and loves going out. You keep her in the car and as long as you do not return back home, she is the happiest!
I know it's with all mothers and fathers, seeing children grow is such a pleasure - though it does come with its bunch of irritations - but weren't we the same when we were growing up as well?
All I need to say to you, my dear Rasha, is that I love you for what you are and what you have made me today... xoxoxo.... :)
I still remember when she was born... I was really shocked as to how beautiful she looked, and I wondered, God, is it me who is her mother? I never considered myself beautiful, even though my husband and friends were very vocal about it (ahem ahem!!!), but her face, those tiny hands and legs and the fragile body made me feel so very.... I really dont know how to describe it, I am sure all mothers can relate to it! From that time, I've had a lot of difficulties due to matters I cannot publicize but then she grew into a beautiful girl.
She had her birth hair removed on her Day 14, we had a function at home on her Day 28, we went to India with her on her Day 35 and came back on her Day 100... :) Dun ask me dates!!! She developed her first teeth edging close to her month six, and how much I hated it!! I love the toothless grin of babies, oh, how cute they look that way! My mom would make fun of me saying that she got her teeth this soon, because I didn't want it to come! She started sitting steady in month 8, started crawling in month 11 and started walking in month 15. Though her physical activities were slightly slow (but well within scientific standards!), there was one thing from the start - her sharpness. She used to pick up anything and everything she could and when we forget it, she puts it through to you! Hmmm.... that includes bad habits! She looks at her dad bite his nails and then she admonishes him, very soon she'l do the same... this shows that we need to clean up our acts and think atleast a couple of times before we do anything!
As of now, she's nearing 3 years, ready to complete it in May and I cannot believe I have a toddler full of energy, who asks me too many questions, who asks me to take her "babies" to the toilet while taking her too, who messes up the whole place, and even while putting to sleep, does not allow me to drift off... "Darling, I've to go to work tomorrow morning..." "Ummi... I want the story of Johny papa" etc etc etc.... She talks pretty fluent, remembers details of so many events that we may have forgotten, knows which was the dress she wore when she went to a particular place and loves going out. You keep her in the car and as long as you do not return back home, she is the happiest!
I know it's with all mothers and fathers, seeing children grow is such a pleasure - though it does come with its bunch of irritations - but weren't we the same when we were growing up as well?
All I need to say to you, my dear Rasha, is that I love you for what you are and what you have made me today... xoxoxo.... :)
ohh my god rafeee i can so much relte 2 dis..maryam is jus soo much like rasha till her 11th month...hehhehe
ReplyDeletebtw they shame d same bday tooo
n ur feelings r like mine put in2 words....i feel like jus copyin ur blog n pastin as mine....dat true it is 4 me.....
din c this comment nabz... thanks a lot... i guess all mothers feel the same way about their kids... :) njoy her growing years... :)
ReplyDelete