I’ve been a driver, officially for the past 8 years and properly for the past 6 and a half years… the difference was due to hibernation of sorts, due to not being too eager to drive on the busy highways!!! I started driving when I bought my first car and what a moment it was!! I really dunno why I had to talk about driving, but can be because my brother just got his license this Monday and it suddenly took me to my earlier driving days…
As soon as I got my license, my first driving classes were with my cousin and his old Range Rover. I almost took away the door of a white Camry and I still remember the stare at the face of the local who owned the car. :) After that, my husband (who was not my husband then!!!) rented a car in his name so that he could take me for a drive. After a very confident drive for half an hour, I guess I got too complacent that I took my chance and dashed the vehicle into a fellow’s car dicky. He ended up paying I guess somewhere around 400 bucks repairing the rented car and still asks me to repay him! (But why do I have to??? *Impish smile!*)
Now, thanks to God, I am a much better driver even though my patience levels need to much better than desired. I really lack patience. I hate drivers who poke in their car bonnets rudely in front of my vehicle when there’s hardly any space for a man to squeeze in. I hate drivers who do not put on their indicators, as though their cars have a manufacturing defect. I hate drivers who hang their hands outside with the butt hanging thinking that the air is their property to contaminate. I hate drivers who drive on the fast lane at 60 km/hr happily yaking on the phone, thinking it’s nobody’s business to disturb him. I think I can go on but then no… sometimes I may fall into those categories!!! However, I try my level best to drive as per local laws. Only on very unavoidable circumstance I cut the law and pray to God to forgive me and ensure that there are no radars or policemen watching me. I am still trying to locate where I can complete my learning on patience. I have reached around 60% in around 7 years so maybe the 40% will be acquired in the next 4-5 years, yeah?
OK, going by my brother’s first driving experience, he hit the side glass of my car on a Jeep and gave that fellow’s scratchless car a nice thick maroon line around 7 cm long (hehe…). After a lot of arguing, he finally let us go but not before promising to report my plate number to the police. To hell with him, who cares??? After a few anxious moments, my brother gathered himself and started driving good enough for a new licensee. But this set me thinking, why can’t people be a bit patient with new drivers? I am now hunting out to see if I can get a tag which says “New Driver!” so that when he drives, people don’t honk or blink lights or even rush and come front and break suddenly!!!!
Darn, why are drivers so rude???? Hmmm…..
As soon as I got my license, my first driving classes were with my cousin and his old Range Rover. I almost took away the door of a white Camry and I still remember the stare at the face of the local who owned the car. :) After that, my husband (who was not my husband then!!!) rented a car in his name so that he could take me for a drive. After a very confident drive for half an hour, I guess I got too complacent that I took my chance and dashed the vehicle into a fellow’s car dicky. He ended up paying I guess somewhere around 400 bucks repairing the rented car and still asks me to repay him! (But why do I have to??? *Impish smile!*)
Now, thanks to God, I am a much better driver even though my patience levels need to much better than desired. I really lack patience. I hate drivers who poke in their car bonnets rudely in front of my vehicle when there’s hardly any space for a man to squeeze in. I hate drivers who do not put on their indicators, as though their cars have a manufacturing defect. I hate drivers who hang their hands outside with the butt hanging thinking that the air is their property to contaminate. I hate drivers who drive on the fast lane at 60 km/hr happily yaking on the phone, thinking it’s nobody’s business to disturb him. I think I can go on but then no… sometimes I may fall into those categories!!! However, I try my level best to drive as per local laws. Only on very unavoidable circumstance I cut the law and pray to God to forgive me and ensure that there are no radars or policemen watching me. I am still trying to locate where I can complete my learning on patience. I have reached around 60% in around 7 years so maybe the 40% will be acquired in the next 4-5 years, yeah?
OK, going by my brother’s first driving experience, he hit the side glass of my car on a Jeep and gave that fellow’s scratchless car a nice thick maroon line around 7 cm long (hehe…). After a lot of arguing, he finally let us go but not before promising to report my plate number to the police. To hell with him, who cares??? After a few anxious moments, my brother gathered himself and started driving good enough for a new licensee. But this set me thinking, why can’t people be a bit patient with new drivers? I am now hunting out to see if I can get a tag which says “New Driver!” so that when he drives, people don’t honk or blink lights or even rush and come front and break suddenly!!!!
Darn, why are drivers so rude???? Hmmm…..
No comments:
Post a Comment