Apr 14, 2010

A perfect marriage???

"A perfect marriage is not between two perfect people, but between two imperfect people who learn when to overlook imperfection." Yasir Qadhi


The above statement just hit me like a brick on my head as soon as I read it. How true these words are!!! If we realize this every day in and out, this world would have been a wonderful place to live in…

Marriage has definitely made me a different person, just like it has done to many many other people, and I will definitely not tell that I have a fairy tale marriage going on. I’ve known this fella called my husband for almost 9 years now, and today is our sixth wedding anniversary. I really do not understand where all these years have gone and sometimes I feel despite knowing him all these years, I know literally nothing of him!!! Trust me, ask me what is his favorite food, favorite color, or so many things about him – I really dunno and he is equally ignorant regarding my likes and dislikes as well. So put it, we both are partners in this crime. However, I think this will be my state even if we celebrate our silver jubilee because that is what we are – IMPERFECT!!!

Just plain accept it… there’s nothing more to it than truth. My only advice to people who are going to bite the dust sooner or later is – keep your expectations at zero or even minus. There is absolutely no harm in it, in fact, it will only do loads to good to your relationship. Even minute things will spring surprises and you will only be pleased. This is the way to go about imperfections. Accept your better half as he is and voila!!! Life is a bed of roses again… I am trying very hard to be like that and somehow close to it, but you know sometimes, our mind also plays spoil sport… ;)

So my hubby, Mr Shameer Kattodi, nobody is as imperfect as you are!!! (Or is it 'as I am'?) Only if you could change some things in you… hmmm…. Darn, why do I have to go this way???

No comments:

Post a Comment