Feb 2, 2012

Irritation... grrr....

Irritation seems to be my best friend... it comes so easy for me. I just need a small thing and I can get irritated. I can react on anything and everything. Just tickle on my irritation bone and that's it!

I just came across a quote today, "Everything that irritates us about others can itself lead us to an understanding of ourselves" (Carl Gustav Jung), which I though was very true. I get irritate when people bite their nails, when office people write lousy emails, when somebody screams over the phone and screeches in your ear, when I want to be on my own but somebody keeps pocking me... etc. etc... In all those points, there is a bit of me. Don't we all do those things which we find irritating in others? We unknowingly bite our nails if we are watching a tense football (or cricket match). If you are really not in a good mood, you send out stupid emails to the biggest supplier of yours. You scream on the phone if the guy on the other side is grating on your nerves. Your colleage is on a silence fast, but you prompt him/ her to speak to you by continously blabbering to them...

Now, how ironical can that be... I guess I should learn to stop being irritated.... Miles to go before I learn to do that...

2 comments:

  1. hi Rafeeda.. Nice to meet you... I get irritated very soon too... though its mostly when people dont bother to help when I'm struggling to get all the things done in time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello... just saw ur comment... :) i definitely loved the post regarding weight loss... i am one who is struggling, but sometimes, I really wish I was not bothered... :D doing a great job, would definitely try out some of ur recipes, very soon...

    ReplyDelete