I am in an extra filthy mood today...
The home is quite, my work finished in time, I was out of home well in time... The weather is beautiful with a nice breeze and cool temperature and the birds are chirping... To top it all, the traffic was smooth - so unlikely!! But then what's the issue...
It's the drivers over here... I could go on bragging and complaining about how bad the drivers are in the UAE... or how bad their driving behavior is... I am not saying I am a perfect driver, even I have my mad times, but I ensure that it is kept to the minimum. The first was that all are in bumper to bumper traffic, I put my indicator and start pushing my car into the space that was there in between two cars. I had to stop my lane changing as five cars refused to give me way!!! After that, when I changed lane nearing a signal, the 4WD who gave me way took from the right, came right in front of me and just breaked!!! How mean can that be...
UAE is very well known for its reckless drivers, who can message on their BBM, control the music panel and talk to the passenger, all when he is driving at a speed of not less than 180 km/hr. Alas, the newspapers are filled daily with tragic accidents of people losing their life or being paralysed... for what??? If it is in our destiny that we will die in a accident, we will - nobody can stop it, but do we need to really look forward to dying in such a manner? I always think about my children back home, do a prayer and then start my car and be within the permitted limits. And the rest is to the Almighty and the rash drivers around you.
The authorities are introducing so many laws to control deaths, however if the police has to teach discipline to adults, then it is a very difficult matter. Discipline starts from home, from what you see what your parents have done. If the now adults have seen their parents cutting lanes and driving against the law, you cannot expect otherwise from such people. I have seen parents taking their children in their car to leave them at school and take all possible side ways to reach on time. What lesson do children learn from that? They learn from school to respect others, but then when they don't see that happening at home, children will not follow it - simple!!!
When I am with the kids, I drive very disciplined. First for their safety, and second for them to know that driving needs a lot of good manners, nothing less... Anyway, jotting this down, my mood has gone back to normal... but I only sincerely hope that things will slowly get back to normal with people not being maniacs at wanting to show off on the road... which unfortunately I am very pessimistic about... :(
The home is quite, my work finished in time, I was out of home well in time... The weather is beautiful with a nice breeze and cool temperature and the birds are chirping... To top it all, the traffic was smooth - so unlikely!! But then what's the issue...
It's the drivers over here... I could go on bragging and complaining about how bad the drivers are in the UAE... or how bad their driving behavior is... I am not saying I am a perfect driver, even I have my mad times, but I ensure that it is kept to the minimum. The first was that all are in bumper to bumper traffic, I put my indicator and start pushing my car into the space that was there in between two cars. I had to stop my lane changing as five cars refused to give me way!!! After that, when I changed lane nearing a signal, the 4WD who gave me way took from the right, came right in front of me and just breaked!!! How mean can that be...
UAE is very well known for its reckless drivers, who can message on their BBM, control the music panel and talk to the passenger, all when he is driving at a speed of not less than 180 km/hr. Alas, the newspapers are filled daily with tragic accidents of people losing their life or being paralysed... for what??? If it is in our destiny that we will die in a accident, we will - nobody can stop it, but do we need to really look forward to dying in such a manner? I always think about my children back home, do a prayer and then start my car and be within the permitted limits. And the rest is to the Almighty and the rash drivers around you.
The authorities are introducing so many laws to control deaths, however if the police has to teach discipline to adults, then it is a very difficult matter. Discipline starts from home, from what you see what your parents have done. If the now adults have seen their parents cutting lanes and driving against the law, you cannot expect otherwise from such people. I have seen parents taking their children in their car to leave them at school and take all possible side ways to reach on time. What lesson do children learn from that? They learn from school to respect others, but then when they don't see that happening at home, children will not follow it - simple!!!
When I am with the kids, I drive very disciplined. First for their safety, and second for them to know that driving needs a lot of good manners, nothing less... Anyway, jotting this down, my mood has gone back to normal... but I only sincerely hope that things will slowly get back to normal with people not being maniacs at wanting to show off on the road... which unfortunately I am very pessimistic about... :(
I do agree...safety first..speed next..
ReplyDeletewell said..;)
Tasty Appetite
totally agree...
DeleteHi Rafeeda,
ReplyDeleteYou are right about of speeding and overtaking. I usually put the signal to change line nobody care it. I end up getting frustrated. My hubby says my blood pressure increases while driving, it is true.
Glad that you like Undan pori . Yes it is addictive and nostalgic. Yes older one is doing everything to get attention and also she is little bit jealous that mom is taking care of brother not her. As boss of the house loose some power.
thank u so much for your comments... :)
DeleteHello Rafeeda,
ReplyDeleteHow are you today..Nice write up..I agree almost everything u have said since I too live in UAE...:-)
nice to hear from you... i can find a lot of uae-ians on blogger... :)
DeleteI think the issue is same in all GCCs. Living in Kuwait, our life is no different. Last month my hubby had real hell when a Kuwaiti lady bumped into his car with her GMC at some 80 or 100 km/hr, and he had to change his bumper and do a lot of repairs to his car.. you are right.. only thing we can do is pray to Allah n be straight in our driving :)
ReplyDeletethe problem is that the person who hits acts as though it is none of their business... unfortunately bad attitude... nice to hear from you... :)
DeleteHi Rafeeda Thanx for pointing out the error in my recipe,of course v missed some steps,will correct soon..My sis lives in Dubai,she also complains abt traffic ,but she loves Dubai a lot..
ReplyDeleteHi Vrinda, thank you for taking it in that spirit... just the week before I had tried Chicken biriyani from a friend's blog and ur steps were similar, so I just adjusted as per my previous week's experience... I am also a new cook u can say so just experimenting... Keep up the good work!!! :) And about Dubai, yeah, it has some sort of addiction people cannot get rid of, how much ever u complain... :)
Delete