Mar 10, 2012

After a tiny vacation...

Back after a hectic week in India... It is such a relief to have my lappy and the so-so internet connection back... the connection back home is hopeless, to say the least...

I always wonder, do we women actually have a vacation? I guess the only time is if you leave your home to be at your parents, but then you feel so guilty of not having helped your mom, that you instantly pay a visit to the kitchen to help with some cutting and frying. so off goes your vacation! Being a working mom, my vacation is a full time job as well. If I take a local leave, there's loads to do at home. I guess that the house work we do otherwise is like a subsidised version. If you are on leave, then everybody expects the house to be sparkling clean, otherwise you have a unasked question - what are you doing sitting at home??? Darn, I have to watch some TV, read some book, go for a massage, get a facial done, visit a few friends, so amn't I busy??? Hmmm....

Like stated above, one week was very hectic. Being at my in-laws was fun, however, the second kid of mine made my life hell. She ensured that all 7 days she ensured that she stuck to me like Fevicol and yelled and cried to the max. She didn't eat, didn't sleep properly, no playing around and acted as if all human beings around her were aliens. While Rasha enjoyed her maximum time around, not even wasting a single minute!!!

I was just thinking of a few things that vacations await us, and I really don't know if it's only for me but for all other ladies as well:

1. A house that hasn't moved an inch but accumulated a couple of inches of dust. Wish there was a mechanism that kept the house neat when there is nobody around... OK, now where do I start from??? :T

2. Tanned skin, that would take a couple of facials and days of cleansing to get back to normal...

3. Cranky kids, fresh from their bout of freedom, back into the four walls

4.  An empty fridge... and an empty kitchen cabinets, which means one big shopping to fill up the essentials, which will leave you to answer a lot of questions from hubby darling.

5. Sticky hair, how much shampoo and conditioner would be required to get it back to normal...

6. Then the hangover and jetlag which lasts atleast for a couple of days. Why don't we have a switch which says "Prompt adjust"?

I guess there are many more but just these come to my mind. The help came around and helped me clean the house, do a part of the laundry but still the suitcase is to be emptied. Darn... when am I going to do that? Feeling lazy.... Sigh!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry, Take your own time and finish slowly one by one.Everywhere these things are there.If you have room service,no tension know?
    Once we were in the service apartments(Sahara) in Abu Dhabi.That just popped up in my mind.Take Care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank u Asiya for your comments. I finished it the same day but the hangover is still there... :) We don't have room service, I have a lady who comes over home to be the kids and do some housework when I am in the office, Alhamdulillah, it is such a relief...

    ReplyDelete