Sep 21, 2012

Easy peasy coconut milk pudding - no cook, only eat!!!

On a lazy Friday afternoon, more than lazy, it was about hangover - my parents and my sister had left the night before after a busy one month running around and driving them around and then suddenly the house felt very lonely to be in... I was hoping to be free soon but when they were gone, I felt an emptiness. I really had no mood to cook. I just told my brother to buy biriyani on his way back from Jumuah prayers. I cleaned up the kitchen and washed the kids. Now what do I do? Make a pudding... I was craving for some sweet, as usual... That's nothing new!!! Then I remembered the opened coconut milk tin, the remaining condensed milk, the unopened packed of China grass and voila, then u go, I whipped up a quick pudding that was done with minimum effort yet tasted really good. It helped me pep up my mood, especially because I felt happy of having done something!!! :)

Coconut Milk Pudding


Ingredients: 

300 ml coconut milk
1/2 can of 14 oz condensed milk
5 gm of china grass/ agar agar
1/4 cup milk (optional)
Chocolate syrup to serve (optional)

Method:

Soak the agar agar in 1/4 glass hot water for 20 minutes. Keep it on low flame and stir continuously till it completely melts. Meanwhile, put the coconut milk, condensed milk and milk (refer note below) in a blender and beat until well mixed. Immediately pour the melted china grass into this and blend again. Pour this mixture into a small deep dish (I used a loaf pan) and set in the refrigerator. Mine was done in an hour's time. Cut into desired shape, drizzle chocolate syrup, serve and enjoy!!!!

Note: I used the milk to actually clean up the condensed milk tin of the remnants sticking all over the tin inside. You can very well skip it if the condensed milk comes out clean!!! :)

This was one mildly sweet desert that I would definitely make again, provided I have leftovers!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. I like your easy peasy coconut pudding Rafeeda. Love it.

    Glad that you liked aval payasam, it is easy to put together.

    ReplyDelete