The traffic during the past few days have been sickening and does not show any signs of slowing down. The distance between my residence and office is hardly 20 kms and at normal times, it hardly takes 20 minutes to be there, however every day in the morning, I have to endure between 70 to 90 minutes of traffic, that finally when I reach office and park my car, my right leg feels numb and my back is stiff, how much ever I make myself comfortable! :T
Unfortunately, for me, there is nothing much I can do at this moment of time because we live together with my father and brother and we do not want to make them alone and shift closer to home. And then, there are so many hassles of getting the right apartment, shifting Rasha's school, finding a help or babysit to take care of Azza, which makes me feel that it's better I suffer for the overall benefit, as of now!!!
Below is a pic I took a couple of days ago... Thank God the climate is looking wonderful these days that I have at least the sky to look at and wonder... :)
So, now, due to ever increasing traffic, my favorite pastime is staring at other fellow drivers and obviously, when you observe a lot, there are so much similarities between many drivers. I guess I'll categorize and put down my observations:
Men: Most of them look literally bored. Their normal position is (Gulf countries have right hand drives) the right hand stretched towards the steering and the left hand giving support to their forehead, with the elbow fixated on the glass. Some of them would have their windows rolled down, pushing their hands outs with the cancer butt, thereby prohibiting others to enjoy the natural air, that is free for all - now how irritating that can be!!! Seriously, smokers are such a selfish bunch of people....Some may be furiously playing on their dashboard, which is definitely searching through FM stations for a decent song, without the jarring voices of irritating RJs and the endless jingles that follow. Or if they hit the right code, you may find them happily tapping their hands against the steering. You may also find some sipping their cup of tea/ coffee and gladly munching on their quick breakfast, which has to be a sandwich.
Women: They also exhibit the above tendencies It is sad to see a lot of women smoke these days, I really do not know where they got the thinking that this damn habit can help them keep their figures and make them look - whatever!!! What they don't realize is how they poison their bodies which is delicate compared to men and how they can end up getting dangerous diseases. God save them... that's all I can say! Apart from the above, you can see them applying make up in their car. Yes, some time saving at home and time used up in the car. I really admire women who carry their complete make up kit and put on their second skin, while concentrating on the car in front. All I can do is draw a line under each of my eye and put one coat of lip gloss.
Couples: The men look bored, as usual, and their wives do the blabbering. Some wives apply make up while doing the blabbering. In between, the men act as though they are interested in what their wives are blabbering. :) You might be wondering - me? No, my hubby is spared from that blabbering. :) Lucky man, is he??? Hehe...
People who travel in shared vehicles: This is what I love to watch. You can see driver concentrating in the front, the front passenger staring at his smartphone, the one at the back reading a book, the center person sitting steady and trying to avoid the third person whose head is literally on his shoulder due to the intensity of his dozing. Real classic scene!!!
Parents going to leave their children to school: If the kids are below 10, you can see them literally running around the backseat. This place is notoriously known for its relaxed attitude towards transporting children. I seriously feel worried about children here. I never move out without strapping both of them to their respective car seats. Rasha sometimes snaps out her seat-belt but then I park my car on the side and I tell her, ummi is not moving any further unless the belt is on. And she reluctantly wear it back... Here, many parents don't do it mainly because they are not aware of the hidden dangers and there is no law enforcing children to be on car seats. Moving that aside, if the kids are above 10, most of them would be staring out of the window or playing on their tablets.
I guess I have very much covered my findings. I find it very relaxing and sadistic to watch people who are also suffering like how I am. Haha... ;)
Unfortunately, for me, there is nothing much I can do at this moment of time because we live together with my father and brother and we do not want to make them alone and shift closer to home. And then, there are so many hassles of getting the right apartment, shifting Rasha's school, finding a help or babysit to take care of Azza, which makes me feel that it's better I suffer for the overall benefit, as of now!!!
Below is a pic I took a couple of days ago... Thank God the climate is looking wonderful these days that I have at least the sky to look at and wonder... :)
So, now, due to ever increasing traffic, my favorite pastime is staring at other fellow drivers and obviously, when you observe a lot, there are so much similarities between many drivers. I guess I'll categorize and put down my observations:
Men: Most of them look literally bored. Their normal position is (Gulf countries have right hand drives) the right hand stretched towards the steering and the left hand giving support to their forehead, with the elbow fixated on the glass. Some of them would have their windows rolled down, pushing their hands outs with the cancer butt, thereby prohibiting others to enjoy the natural air, that is free for all - now how irritating that can be!!! Seriously, smokers are such a selfish bunch of people....Some may be furiously playing on their dashboard, which is definitely searching through FM stations for a decent song, without the jarring voices of irritating RJs and the endless jingles that follow. Or if they hit the right code, you may find them happily tapping their hands against the steering. You may also find some sipping their cup of tea/ coffee and gladly munching on their quick breakfast, which has to be a sandwich.
Women: They also exhibit the above tendencies It is sad to see a lot of women smoke these days, I really do not know where they got the thinking that this damn habit can help them keep their figures and make them look - whatever!!! What they don't realize is how they poison their bodies which is delicate compared to men and how they can end up getting dangerous diseases. God save them... that's all I can say! Apart from the above, you can see them applying make up in their car. Yes, some time saving at home and time used up in the car. I really admire women who carry their complete make up kit and put on their second skin, while concentrating on the car in front. All I can do is draw a line under each of my eye and put one coat of lip gloss.
Couples: The men look bored, as usual, and their wives do the blabbering. Some wives apply make up while doing the blabbering. In between, the men act as though they are interested in what their wives are blabbering. :) You might be wondering - me? No, my hubby is spared from that blabbering. :) Lucky man, is he??? Hehe...
People who travel in shared vehicles: This is what I love to watch. You can see driver concentrating in the front, the front passenger staring at his smartphone, the one at the back reading a book, the center person sitting steady and trying to avoid the third person whose head is literally on his shoulder due to the intensity of his dozing. Real classic scene!!!
Parents going to leave their children to school: If the kids are below 10, you can see them literally running around the backseat. This place is notoriously known for its relaxed attitude towards transporting children. I seriously feel worried about children here. I never move out without strapping both of them to their respective car seats. Rasha sometimes snaps out her seat-belt but then I park my car on the side and I tell her, ummi is not moving any further unless the belt is on. And she reluctantly wear it back... Here, many parents don't do it mainly because they are not aware of the hidden dangers and there is no law enforcing children to be on car seats. Moving that aside, if the kids are above 10, most of them would be staring out of the window or playing on their tablets.
I guess I have very much covered my findings. I find it very relaxing and sadistic to watch people who are also suffering like how I am. Haha... ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment