There are certain things in life, no matter how long it has been, it takes quite a lot of effort to get out of the mould.
I have been working for almost 11 years now, still I cannot take my hap hazard sleeping habits. During school time, my mom used to ensure that we were all ready for bed by 9:30 and within 10, we should be asleep. She would continuously come to check if my sis and I were asleep or we were upto some mischief. We would try to for sometime, talking to each other or doing something else but then the fear that mom would catch us at any time, used to discourage us for keeping it going for too long, therefore, we would somehow sleep off latest by 10:15. Likewise, she used to wake us up at correct 6 am to ensure we are out of the house for our 6:50 bus. That routine stopped as soon as I completed by 12th grade, that was a good 12 years back. Even then, I still feel sleepy by 9 pm and I get cranky by 10, despite the fact that my kids will not sleep by 11:30 despite me putting them into bed and will ensure that I stay awake with them!!! :T
OK, let's leave sleep aside. I somehow don't like to remind myself of my sleeping, as it makes me feel very jittery... :)
There is one more thing I cannot take - my children's crying. When I leave home for office and they are sleeping, I am fine. I can sit in the office peacefully and work. But if that's not the case, like today, where I heard by little one cry because I was leaving, I feel truly disturbed. I guess that's there with all mothers, not just me... Everyday, I pray that they don't wake up before I leave. I just give them a quick peck and dash out of the house. There is nothing more than the big smiles that I get when I reach home... it is so very rewarding!!! I ensure that my weekends and the time after work are only for them and I don't allow anything to come in between, except my kitchen work. Like one of my ex-colleagues told me, you can have everything while not working, so you have to take the sacrifices. I have already told myself - the day I feel I will not be able to take it anymore, I will stop working. My husband is also quite aware, because he has no other option than to accept it...
OK, now why am I feeling irritated and sleepy? I slept at 1 last night and heard my child cry in the morning. so that's a double blow!!! Too bad...
I have been working for almost 11 years now, still I cannot take my hap hazard sleeping habits. During school time, my mom used to ensure that we were all ready for bed by 9:30 and within 10, we should be asleep. She would continuously come to check if my sis and I were asleep or we were upto some mischief. We would try to for sometime, talking to each other or doing something else but then the fear that mom would catch us at any time, used to discourage us for keeping it going for too long, therefore, we would somehow sleep off latest by 10:15. Likewise, she used to wake us up at correct 6 am to ensure we are out of the house for our 6:50 bus. That routine stopped as soon as I completed by 12th grade, that was a good 12 years back. Even then, I still feel sleepy by 9 pm and I get cranky by 10, despite the fact that my kids will not sleep by 11:30 despite me putting them into bed and will ensure that I stay awake with them!!! :T
OK, let's leave sleep aside. I somehow don't like to remind myself of my sleeping, as it makes me feel very jittery... :)
There is one more thing I cannot take - my children's crying. When I leave home for office and they are sleeping, I am fine. I can sit in the office peacefully and work. But if that's not the case, like today, where I heard by little one cry because I was leaving, I feel truly disturbed. I guess that's there with all mothers, not just me... Everyday, I pray that they don't wake up before I leave. I just give them a quick peck and dash out of the house. There is nothing more than the big smiles that I get when I reach home... it is so very rewarding!!! I ensure that my weekends and the time after work are only for them and I don't allow anything to come in between, except my kitchen work. Like one of my ex-colleagues told me, you can have everything while not working, so you have to take the sacrifices. I have already told myself - the day I feel I will not be able to take it anymore, I will stop working. My husband is also quite aware, because he has no other option than to accept it...
OK, now why am I feeling irritated and sleepy? I slept at 1 last night and heard my child cry in the morning. so that's a double blow!!! Too bad...
No comments:
Post a Comment