Dec 26, 2012

On a sight seeing spree...

My mom's sister and family are in for their winter vacations. Family includes uncle and the younger one, her elder two kids are back home with their grandmother and I can only imagine how bloated their faces will be!!! They have just landed yesterday morning and already we have covered a couple of malls which were in their Xmas glory and the Jumeirah beach. Till they depart on Jan 6, I do not expect myself to take any rest after office hours nor get my long sleeps during the weekends. I am OK with it, in fact, I love to be extra busy especially when guests are around. It actually gives you a chance to go to places where you've not been going for ages!!! Like the Jumeirah beach, the last time we went there was when Rasha was two years old. That's more than three years ago!!!! Now I can see a nice long walkway towards the sea and two tracks - one for jogging and the other for cycling - have come up which are being well utilised by the public. We have almost scheduled all the days that come in between, which will hopefully not be spoiled by any external factors. I'm intending to test my photography skills and I've already taken my hubby's permission for the camera, so I guess I'll post up some clicks in the coming days too....

On another note, the world didn't end on December 21 and now we are looking the year ending. How do I summarize 2012? As far as I am concerned, I didn't go anywhere career wise but I took the decision to take a professional certification, for which I have completed two sessions of the eight. Our shifting away from my parents has been postponed till next year. For my husband, it has been tough times, as the business he started in partnership with his cousin, didn't blossom as expected and it's been a lot of long days and nights. But this month has looked promising for his technical services company, which I sincerely pray will look up next year and therefore, he may be able to spend some extra time with me... Sigh!!! The kids are growing up fast, which is making me feel excited that I will get some time for myself soon, at the same time, sad that they will start being on their own. I am looking forward to a fruitful 2013, InShaAllah and wishing that there will be more peace in the world as well...

I guess I've to end up my rambling and gobble down my food now, since it's my lunch break... :) Ciao...

No comments:

Post a Comment